Sunday, November 20, 2011

When Life Is Over....

Will you have what you want? 
"It was Spring but it was Summer I wanted.
Warm days and the great out doors.

It was Summer but it was Fall that I wanted.
The beautiful colors of the leaves and the cool air.

It was Fall but it was Winter I wanted.
The beautiful snow and the joy of the holiday season!

It was Winter but it was Spring that I wanted.
The warmth, renewal of new life and the blooming of nature.

I was a child, but it was adulthood I wanted.
The freedom and respect.

I was 20... but it was the 30's I wanted.
Mature and sophisticated.

I was middle aged, but it was the 20's that I wanted.
The youth and free spirit of those days.

I was retired but it was middle age I wanted.
The presence of mind with out limitation.

Finally? My life was over and I never got what I wanted."
Author unknown

Doesn't that describe people you've known? How about the "occupy wall street" crowd of today who are screaming " I never got what I deserve!"

I am focused this week to work with a heart of thankfulness.   Even as difficult as things are in these days of our economic woes we should be THANKFUL for what we have. But more importantly? We should be CONTENT. Not complacent. Not resigned to our present circumstances, but CONTENT!


In the play "Henry VI..Part 2" The King was in the fields and dressed down for the environment. Meeting two men he introduces himself. Looking at him they said "But if thou be a King, where is thy crown?"


To which the King replied..."My crown is in my HEART not on my head. Not decked with diamonds and indian stones, not to be seen. My crown is called "content". A crown it is that Kings seldom enjoy."
 
 
The apostle Paul said " I have learned to be CONTENT." We ALL have much to be thankful for. And for me, I'm not only Thankful.  I am CONTENT.

Happy Thanksgiving wishes for ALL who happen to read this.
Bill


 Credit to Alistair Begg for the words used in this blog site...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home